Hello Virtana Community!
You might have noticed an update to our product names within some content here and in recent communications. Our main goal is to provide more value to our customers and help simplify the digital transformation journey.
With that in mind, we’ve integrated our Infrastructure Performance Management (IPM) solution, VirtualWisdom, into Virtana Platform. Virtana Platform is a unified Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Platform that consolidates several products into a single tool, helping customers overcome tool sprawl challenges.
So, what are the new product names?
Infrastructure Performance Management (was VirtualWisdom)
- As businesses rely more and more on a hybrid stack to meet customer needs, collecting and analyzing data becomes more complex. With Virtana IPM you can determine the health of your infrastructure environments. To accomplish this, Virtana IPM collects attributes from all hybrid infrastructure elements, analyzes potential problem areas, and proposes recommendations.
Capacity Planning (was a part of VirtualWisdom)
- In today’s sophisticated hybrid environments, capacity planning remains crucial to ensuring performance, stability, and budget compliance. With Virtana Capacity Planning, you can determine how business applications will be serviced to meet the optimum levels of operations. Virtana Capacity Planning forecasts demand against business objectives and uses analytics to determine recommendations for potential issues.
Cloud Cost Management (was Virtana Optimize)
- The cloud is a highly dynamic environment, and so is your business. Changes in utilization and fast-moving development creates variability in usage and costs. It can be hard to figure out what’s driving your spend and how much is unnecessary waste that should be eliminated. Virtana Cost Management allows you to radically simplify cloud cost management and cultivate cloud cost accountability.
Workload Placement (was Virtana Migrate)
- Organizations move workloads for a variety of reasons—a first-time migration from on premises to a public cloud, a transfer between different clouds, or even repatriation from the cloud back on premises. Each of these movements requires you to make decisions that can impact cost, performance, and risk, but it can be hard to get the information you need to understand those implications. With Virtana Workload Placement, you can plan smarter for any-to-any migrations with better decisions about workload priorities, groups, dependencies, and deployments.
What happened to WorkloadWisdom?
- WorkloadWisdom is now called Storage Load Testing and is a standalone solution we offer outside of Virtana Platform
- While the name has changed, all of the existing features and capabilities remain the same
Here’s a platform diagram that shows the main four products within Virtana Platform and their core capabilities.
Please reach out to us with any questions!
Please sign in to leave a comment.